+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9

Thread: Hurricane Helene

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,336 times in 4,551 posts

Default Re: Hurricane Helene

I was able to get this from The Indy in an article about someone with a truck:

Quote On Monday, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced it has deployed 200 ambulances and 10 federal search and rescue teams to affected areas. President Biden is expected to travel to the region on Wednesday and Congress and the North Carolina state legislature are likely to pass special disaster relief funding.

Shelter operators that Schaefer-Old has been able to make contact with, in Helene’s aftermath, describe the situation as “dire.”

You have to read it between the lines. Yes, just by implication, "dire" is very much along the lines that more people will expire for more reasons, beginning immediately, and there will be looting and violence. Local articles seem to stick to telling us Asheville is seriously messed up and there have been deaths. This is too big, it's like a free pass for the Grim Reaper with a lot of stuff that's going to be really tough to beat.

I may be able to find if dirt like is said about Chimney Rock is happening. I'm not sure.

While this is true about Gaston County:

Piedmont Lithium is a mining company currently in the process of proving economic mineral recovery of lithium in Gaston County. After five years of surface prospecting, the company began drilling many sample cores in 2021 across 2,300 acres (930 ha) of land it owns or has mineral rights to the county proving economic viability of mining lithium for the boom in battery demand to support electric vehicle and other uses.

It's not in the mountains. It's not heavily damaged.
    Last edited by shaberon; Today at 06:17.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Abondance (Today), Alecs (Today), angelfire (Today), arwen (Today), avid (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), Ewan (Today), gord (Today), Harmony (Today), Hym (Today), Inversion (Today), lisalu (Today), Marianne (Today), mountain_jim (Today), pyrangello (Today), Ravenlocke (Today), rgray222 (Today), RunningDeer (Today), T Smith (Today), ThePythonicCow (Today), Vicus (Today), wondering (Today), Yoda (Today)

3. Link to Post #162
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,144 times in 707 posts

Many reports like this emerging. A horror. 5 minutes:

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

Abondance (Today), Alecs (Today), angelfire (Today), avid (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), gord (Today), Hym (Today), Inversion (Today), mountain_jim (Today), Ravenlocke (Today), rgray222 (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today), T Smith (Today), wondering (Today)

5. Link to Post #163
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,150 times in 2,197 posts

Biden's White House has used FEMA money (Federal Emergency Management Agency) as a slush fund for illegal immigrants and they are holding back approval of additional funds unless they get more money for Ukraine.

FEMA Money Is for Disaster-Stricken Americans, Not Those Here Illegally

Federal spending is hard enough to keep track of at the best of times, but the Biden administration is highly adept at hiding how they fund their open-borders agenda. In a cynical budget negotiation tactic, the White house is now trying to push through a $40 billion “supplemental” funding bill that holds bailout money for FEMA hostage to sending billions more to Ukraine with insufficient accountability.

It gets worse. If the White House tactic works, and Congress coughs up enough aid to Ukraine that rescue money for FEMA can get through, hundreds of millions of that funding won’t go to disaster-afflicted Americans, but to providing housing, food, health care and transportation for illegal immigrants through grants to activist NGOs and “sanctuary” cities.

FEMA’s Emergency Food and Shelter Program is already being siphoned for over $332 million “to assist communities receiving noncitizens released from custody,” which means housing migrants here illegally at the border, then transporting them to places like New York City. New York has been promised $104 million from this pot, though at a burn rate of $8 million a day, it won’t last long. Big city mayors gripe about a few buses sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, but the main train delivering migrants to their sidewalks is driven by DHS, using FEMA money.

The full story: https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-...here-illegally

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Abondance (Today), avid (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), DNA (Today), gord (Today), Inversion (Today), mountain_jim (Today), Ravenlocke (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today), T Smith (Today), wondering (Today)

7. Link to Post #164
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 times in 203 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    I was able to get this from The Indy in an article about someone with a truck:

Quote On Monday, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced it has deployed 200 ambulances and 10 federal search and rescue teams to affected areas. President Biden is expected to travel to the region on Wednesday and Congress and the North Carolina state legislature are likely to pass special disaster relief funding.

Shelter operators that Schaefer-Old has been able to make contact with, in Helene’s aftermath, describe the situation as “dire.”
    You have to read it between the lines. Yes, just by implication, "dire" is very much along the lines that more people will expire for more reasons, beginning immediately, and there will be looting and violence. Local articles seem to stick to telling us Asheville is seriously messed up and there have been deaths. This is too big, it's like a free pass for the Grim Reaper with a lot of stuff that's going to be really tough to beat.

I may be able to find if dirt like is said about Chimney Rock is happening. I'm not sure.

While this is true about Gaston County:

Piedmont Lithium is a mining company currently in the process of proving economic mineral recovery of lithium in Gaston County. After five years of surface prospecting, the company began drilling many sample cores in 2021 across 2,300 acres (930 ha) of land it owns or has mineral rights to the county proving economic viability of mining lithium for the boom in battery demand to support electric vehicle and other uses.

It's not in the mountains. It's not heavily damaged.

Piedmont Lithium looks like a corporation to watch. My initial thought was it might have ties to the military. Just an FYI, a quick look at piedmontlithium.com includes this info about one Board member:

"Ms. Hickton has served as a member of our Board since March 2024. She currently serves as the Chair and CEO of Cumberland Additive, Inc., a metal additive manufacturer of solutions for the aerospace, defense, energy, and space markets. Ms. Hickton also serves as a member of the National Space Council User’s Advisory Group, which is chaired by the Vice President of the United States to enable and propel America’s space objectives."

Source: https://www.piedmontlithium.com/abou...d-of-directors/

Info about its Carolina Lithium proposed project:
    https://www.piedmontlithium.com/proj...olina-lithium/

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Alecs For This Post:

Abondance (Today), Arcturian108 (Today), avid (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), gord (Today), Inversion (Today), mountain_jim (Today), onevoice (Today), Ravenlocke (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today), T Smith (Today), wondering (Today)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Moemers (here)
    Piedmont Lithium looks like a corporation to watch. My initial thought was it might have ties to the military. Just an FYI, a quick look at piedmontlithium.com includes this info about one Board member:

"Ms. Hickton has served as a member of our Board since March 2024. She currently serves as the Chair and CEO of Cumberland Additive, Inc., a metal additive manufacturer of solutions for the aerospace, defense, energy, and space markets. Ms. Hickton also serves as a member of the National Space Council User’s Advisory Group, which is chaired by the Vice President of the United States to enable and propel America’s space objectives."

Geography:

There are *no* large lakes native to the region.

They are from various projects, one of which being Aluminum, so let's say it's already been raped and ransacked one time rather heavily.

Yes, if you start talking about revolving door corporate/military fascism, that explains a lot about what looks like "development". *Nothing* that I know of is safe to drink/fish from, until you are high enough in the mountains to be above all the main roads.

Comparatively, Lithium is also available at sites in Arkansas, Utah, Nevada, and California.

I would suggest that focusing on some kind of lithium theft due to Helene is superfluous. The whole thing is probably in the hands of a questionable crowd as usual, that's true. The actual market effect would be in terms of Quartz. I don't know any way around that.

In broader terms, I have no idea how much Agriculture has been devastated. I know we have several kinds of fruit, cheese, wine, etc., that are some of the last examples of things produced by relatively small and more environmentally-minded businesses. How do you do apples, once the tree is removed?

There is no way to predict the motion of brake fluid, gasoline, every drug the pharmacy carries, along with the spawn of protozoa and everything associated with decay, which will surely cause a lot of problems for the ground water and soil for a long time. Most of that drains through South Carolina.

In general, I am not a fan of a battery-powered future to begin with.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Alecs (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), DNA (Today), mountain_jim (Today), Ravenlocke (Today), RunningDeer (Today)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,897 times in 14,107 posts

https://x.com/johnrich/status/1841818087793815620

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Alecs (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), mountain_jim (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,581 times in 9,966 posts

The town shown in this video is/was the Main Street of Marshall, NC., the county seat of Madison County on the French Broad River.

Science Fiction fans may recognize the bridge to the left as a key scene took place there in the Amazon Prime series based on the book by William Gibson, The Peripheral.

The bar scenes and others were filmed on or near this section of Main Street also.

Much of that series was filmed around Marshall. Well the non-London England parts.

https://x.com/MJTruthUltra/status/1841896024194879804

MJTruthUltra
    @MJTruthUltra
    Hurricane Helene - Our Government has Abandoned Us

What Marshall and this bridge looked like before

Last edited by mountain_jim; Today at 21:08.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Alecs (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), gord (Today), Orph (Today), Ravenlocke (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,897 times in 14,107 posts

https://x.com/NWBSpeedway/status/1841877658436579756

https://x.com/NWBSpeedway/status/1841886020096118847

https://x.com/NWBSpeedway/status/1840815112594079808

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Alecs (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), gord (Today), mountain_jim (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,581 times in 9,966 posts

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Alecs (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), gord (Today), RunningDeer (Today), shaberon (Today)

19. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

More efforts underway:

Quote In Morrisville at the Hindu Society of North Carolina, volunteers like Max Ganorkar are hard at work.

"I grew up in India. Every time there was a natural disaster Americans were always first to open their hearts and wallets," said Ganorkar. "This gives us an opportunity to reach out to them."

This interfaith effort was organized Monday afternoon. They gathered mostly water and some food to send to Marion and Burnsville

"By this morning we had two trailers full and ready to go to the mountains," he said. "When they need us we are here for them."

Logistically if you look at NC211 you can find dropoff sub-stations occupying an area out to around Burlington and Asheboro.

What we have out here:

Over the next few days, pilots from our area will airdrop donations to rural communities in western North Carolina that are cut off because of Helene.

These are private planes, it looks like they may be moving more stuff into the hangar than they can send in one trip. Until further notice, you really need the large volume of trucks, but this airlifting thing sounds like it will be pretty important until we know otherwise.

Nothing in those links shows me how to connect with it. There are several donation and volunteer opportunities, but, they are kind of scattered, nothing around here like I more or less expected to provide personally.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Alecs (Today), Bill Ryan (Today), mountain_jim (Today)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9