+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 5 15
Results 281 to 298 of 298

Thread: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

  1. Link to Post #281
    Avalon Retired Member
    Join Date
    26th January 2011
    Language
    English
    Posts
    3,448
    Thanks
    20,718
    Thanked 25,496 times in 3,321 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide


  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (12th September 2021), DNA (6th October 2026), Eva2 (9th August 2019), Harmony (12th September 2021), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), Stephanie (6th October 2021)

  3. Link to Post #282
    Avalon Member Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th February 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 597 times in 96 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    10 years later, this thread is still impacting me... Once every few years I come back here to check it out.
    This thread kickstarted my awakening in higher gears, as I felt the truth coming from Dawn as she shared it here.

    I got heavily involved with the ceremonies she shared here. And they have and still are completely transforming me. year after year. I can truly attest to their power.

    Recently reread it again and now experimenting again with the meditation she shared here, Running your energy.

    Anyone with me?
    Last edited by Joey; 12th September 2021 at 11:18.

  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (12th September 2021), Chip (24th March 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Gemma13 (12th September 2021), gini (11th September 2026), Harmony (12th September 2021), leavesoftrees (23rd March 2026), Pam (12th September 2021), Peace in Oz (24th March 2026), petra (12th September 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), Stephanie (6th October 2021)

  5. Link to Post #283
    Canada Avalon Member bojancan's Avatar
    Join Date
    31st July 2014
    Posts
    4,191
    Thanks
    16,205
    Thanked 15,216 times in 3,239 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Just bumped this thread... Breatharianism, and living on Prana...

    March, 23
    60 Minutes Australia
    6.57M subscribers
    The Deadly Cult Led by the Woman Who "Doesn't Eat" | 60 Minutes Australia



    In 1999, the world was introduced to Jasmuheen, a self-proclaimed "Breatharian" guru from Brisbane who made a truly unbelievable claim: she could live entirely on fresh air, requiring no food or water to survive.

    But behind her cosmic rhetoric and thriving New Age mail-order business lay a dark reality. Her controversial "Living on Light" fasting regime was linked to the deaths of at least three followers around the world. Correspondent Richard Carleton confronts the former housewife about the dangers of her teachings and the deadly consequences for her followers.

  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bojancan For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (24th March 2026), Chip (24th March 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (24th March 2026), Kalamos (24th March 2026), petra (31st August 2026), Sue (Ayt) (31st August 2026), Valknut3301 (24th March 2026), wondering (24th March 2026)

  7. Link to Post #284
    United States Avalon Member Valknut3301's Avatar
    Join Date
    14th September 2023
    Language
    English
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 645 times in 75 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Thank you bojancan for bumping this thread. Dawn's insights and experiences are fascinating and I find they resonate deeply with me. I've always spent most of my time in nature, hiking and practicing energy work. Dawn's encouraging words about facing one's fears is something else that I've practiced for a long time, and it reminds me of Jungian shadow work, so, again, it resonates. I haven't ever found traditional meditation works for me, but perhaps it's time for me to return to it now, and with Dawn's instructions I have a good road map to get (re)started. I do, however, very much like food, and don't have much interest in giving it up, but raising my awareness is always top priority, so I guess I'll see what happens. Thanks again.
    'Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased' - Spider Robinson

  8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valknut3301 For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (24th March 2026), bojancan (24th March 2026), Chip (24th March 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (9th September 2026), leavesoftrees (25th March 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (31st August 2026), wondering (24th March 2026)

  9. Link to Post #285
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th August 2012
    Location
    Owasso, Ok
    Language
    English
    Age
    57
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    13,290
    Thanked 4,665 times in 576 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Appreciate the bump as well
    This thread goes back a long time and brings back great memories.
    It was always one of my favorites as I can remember getting into sun gazing afterwards and had worked my way up to 45 minutes.
    I always felt and still do that within all of this as we progress our 3 dimensional bodies through spiritual disciplines and practices that it is quite possible to not need to eat.
    I will enjoy the refresher now that this thread was re-discovered.
    Thank you

  10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (24th March 2026), bojancan (24th March 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (9th September 2026), Kryztian (24th March 2026), leavesoftrees (25th March 2026), petra (31st August 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (31st August 2026), ThePythonicCow (24th March 2026), Valknut3301 (24th March 2026), wondering (24th March 2026)

  11. Link to Post #286
    Canada Avalon Member bojancan's Avatar
    Join Date
    31st July 2014
    Posts
    4,191
    Thanks
    16,205
    Thanked 15,216 times in 3,239 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    With pleasure to you all..
    We are in 80th, my husband was this year already over... and we were align with nature "style" of living all our years together... trying our best to stay of all synthetical drugs at all... we were practicing, when we were younger, every year for one month watering too... no problems ... and earthing every day still to this days... trying to be thankful for all what life giving to us...
    I admire those, who tried to go all the way to breatharianism... stepping higher over daily meditations... this is really something!
    And yes, we love also food and good glass of red vine at dinner.. so, not for us...

    Wishing from my heart, that in these moments, crazy ones... the nature and God will take over "steering wheel" and help humanity get over it.............

  12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bojancan For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (24th March 2026), Chip (25th March 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (9th September 2026), petra (31st August 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (31st August 2026), Valknut3301 (25th March 2026)

  13. Link to Post #287
    Canada Avalon Member
    Join Date
    7th July 2016
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,696
    Thanks
    10,316
    Thanked 8,483 times in 2,743 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    I don’t even like food, but now I have no teeth to chew with and exploring this option, at least until I get dentures

    15 pages to read through, like wow. Might as well give this a bump

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (8th September 2026), bojancan (12th September 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (9th September 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (31st August 2026)

  15. Link to Post #288
    Netherlands Avalon Member joamarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2011
    Location
    netherlands
    Age
    56
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 373 times in 115 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    For the past 17 years, I have been working with this topic in practice.

    in 2012 I completed 44 minutes of sungazing. Here in the Netherlands, that’s not easy (it took me 3 years ).

    in 2014 I also went through Jasmuheen’s 21 days. successfully, on my own.

    in 2021 I spent an afternoon with someone who had been a breatharian for years (Bert Piloo).

    A friend of mine underwent the initiation in Denmark with Kay Hougaard (livingonlight.dk).

    My conclusion so far is that it’s not a walk in the park.

    I suffered from underweight for several years.

    On a raw, vegan, and now vegetarian diet, I have finally gained weight over the last few years and am more or less at a healthy weight.
    Even though I haven’t changed anything in my diet except adding peanut butter

    for me, the Living on Prana program has been useful because I am convinced that our food supply no longer provides sufficient nutrients.

    I don’t worry for a day about whether I am eating correctly or getting everything I need.
    that's what the awareness around prana living has offered me so far

  16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joamarks For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (8th September 2026), bojancan (12th September 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (9th September 2026), petra (8th September 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026), shaberon (8th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (8th September 2026), wegge (9th September 2026)

  17. Link to Post #289
    United States Avalon Member
    Join Date
    1st April 2016
    Posts
    7,033
    Thanks
    35,986
    Thanked 40,196 times in 6,683 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by joamarks (here)
    in 2012 I completed 44 minutes of sungazing. Here in the Netherlands, that’s not easy

    No. I was there in a month of July, and over several days, the sun came out for about twenty minutes. Main thing that slows me down from moving there.

    But the gazing is supposed to have a profound effect. Did it?



    Quote for me, the Living on Prana program has been useful because I am convinced that our food supply no longer provides sufficient nutrients.

    I don’t worry for a day about whether I am eating correctly or getting everything I need.
    that's what the awareness around prana living has offered me so far

    The difference outside of those programs, is that we look at it as living by mental energy, produced and sustained by the mind. Prana is more like a tool.

    Did those years actually give you any control and usage of Prana? Or just a type of awareness that energy only partially depends on food?

  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (8th September 2026), bojancan (12th September 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), grapevine (8th September 2026), Harmony (9th September 2026), petra (8th September 2026), Raskolnikov (9th September 2026)

  19. Link to Post #290
    Netherlands Avalon Member joamarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2011
    Location
    netherlands
    Age
    56
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 373 times in 115 posts

    Smile Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote -But the gazing is supposed to have a profound effect. Did it?-
    Most certainly—in many ways.

    The process unfolded in three phases.
    Each time, i experienced a leap in light intensity.
    the first minutes staring into the sun were quite a struggle.

    after doing it for a few months, i reached the first 13minute barrier. with considerable effort and perseverance. (Standing barefoot in the snow, is no fun.)

    It was as if the sunlight were 'burning' through a energy seal within my body.
    after this experience i was sold.

    Now I could move forward without battling the sceptical part of my brain.
    this repeated itself at 22 and 37minutes.
    the last leap was intens. it felt true like my body became lighter (in the double sense of the word)

    After that, I never wore sunglasses or applied sunscreen again.

    I gained many insights while gazing at the sun. (After all, you’re standing barefoot in a field all alone, with plenty of time to kill.)

    —including how the light disperses into the colours of the rainbow, and how each individual frequency corresponds to specific chakras, organs, and mindsets.

    In particular, the insight into how sunlight activates our energy body—how the physical body is nourished, but also the reverse: how sunlight can indirectly nourish our energy body (and psyche) through 'living foods' containing a full colour (spectrum).

    Solar energy has also given my intellectual faculties a huge boost. This sounds a bit far-fetched, but it is truly indescribable—as if my ego-mind has connected with a cosmic mind. I still make just as many language errors :)
    but I am more grounded in the wisdom of the NOW.

    However, I do want to add a word of warning here.

    For the past two years, I have been suffering from macular degeneration in my right eye (resulting in a red-coloured blind spot in my central field of vision and an inability to read text).

    I expect plenty of reactions to this, like: "i told you so".

    but almost everyone around me is experiencing a significant decline in their eyesight. Which, in my opinion, is more likely a consequence of the LED energy from screens and lamps beaming into our eyes with laser-sharp intensity and causing fatigue.

    A friend of mine serves as a medic in the military, and he mentioned that they are at the point of adjusting vision standards because, otherwise, hardly anyone would pass the medical exam anymore (this applies to young people).

    Yet, I am truly the only one around here who was foolish enough to stare at the sun. :P

    if somebody is interested in sungazing, keep in mind the sun has changed a lot the last years, becoming more white en etheric.

    I’m not sure what effect this has on people who want to start staring now.




    Quote {-The difference outside of those programs, is that we look at it as living by mental energy, produced and sustained by the mind. Prana is more like a tool.}

    While going through the Jasmuheen program—specifically during the seven-day dry fast—I clearly experienced entities within my energy body. making adjustments to my etheric kidneys.
    I didn't consider that as an 'unconditioned agreement'.

    Since then, I’ve paid closer attention to people who live on prana; it’s hard to pick up on this via a screen or YouTube, but sometimes I very clearly 'see' entities standing behind them that are largely responsible for their energetic nourishment.

    So I wouldn't treat it lightly, as if it were something you could gain an advantage from and use—like a hammer.

    Not long after, I severed this collaboration with the Jasmuheen entities; I was not interested in their worldview and agenda.

    There is a lot of targeting of souls who are dissatisfied with the current state of the world or who want to prepare for global famine out of fear. These individuals turn out to be low-hanging fruit for entities that do not always have your best interests at heart.

    Quote {-Did those years actually give you any control and usage of Prana? Or just a type of awareness that energy only partially depends on food?-}
    Yes, as a healer, I have benefited greatly from it. My energy is more fluid. Just as water can carry away dirt, I can let negative energy flow out of my system more easily.

    Discharging energy is no simple matter—let alone clearing public spaces where a great deal of energy is trapped. However, I am cautious when it comes to exerting control on an energetic level. If you aren't truly conscious of what you're doing, you might accidentally trigger something unpleasant in another dimension :)

    there is still a long way to go before I truly understand what I am doing.

    -

  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joamarks For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (11th September 2026), bojancan (12th September 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), gini (11th September 2026), Harmony (12th September 2026), Raskolnikov (12th September 2026), shaberon (12th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (11th September 2026)

  21. Link to Post #291
    United States Avalon Member
    Join Date
    1st April 2016
    Posts
    7,033
    Thanks
    35,986
    Thanked 40,196 times in 6,683 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by joamarks (here)
    —including how the light disperses into the colours of the rainbow, and how each individual frequency corresponds to specific chakras, organs, and mindsets.

    In particular, the insight into how sunlight activates our energy body—how the physical body is nourished, but also the reverse: how sunlight can indirectly nourish our energy body (and psyche) through 'living foods' containing a full colour (spectrum).

    Solar energy has also given my intellectual faculties a huge boost. This sounds a bit far-fetched, but it is truly indescribable—as if my ego-mind has connected with a cosmic mind. I still make just as many language errors
    but I am more grounded in the wisdom of the NOW.

    Okay.

    I am speaking from a point of view that does not come from sun gazing, but clairvoyance.

    From this view, I have recently become open-minded to the explanation of Bio-Plasma.

    If there were anything to it, then, it would clearly be in a very close relation to the Sun, similar to the way you say 'energy body'.

    It's not Kirlian Photography. That is a studio effect. The real plasma is thought to operate across proteins as piezos and is re-charged by oxygen.

    Coherence of plasma has a lot to do with health, and, the conjecture is that it is the vehicle of consciousness.

    It's not light, which is what I mean by clairvoyance, which has an aspect that will show you spectrums on car headlights, street lights, house lights, etc., which I would describe as external. A human aura is something else.

    In terms of plasma, I have not done it, but I have heard of another type of sun gazing that inverts it so you see the corona.

    What I have done is more like an experience of Color, physical or mental. And I wonder what others think of the phosphenes.


    Quote Since then, I’ve paid closer attention to people who live on prana; it’s hard to pick up on this via a screen or YouTube, but sometimes I very clearly 'see' entities standing behind them that are largely responsible for their energetic nourishment.
    I know nothing of that.

    Considered as an aura, then, yes, the more saintly, the more the person will look like a saint. I am also sensitive about whether a person has experienced Shakti. But I'm pretty oblivious about anyone whose main line was to avoid eating; never encountered it.

    The caveat about what I am talking about is I cannot do this and live like a normal person.

    So I intentionally undercut and grounded all those things, like biological wires and spark plugs, which I now think were really handling plasma.

    Of course, the main thing that stimulates clairvoyant tendencies is sunlight.

    By keeping it throttled down, I started to find another apparent fact, the sun within the head.

    The optic nerve works both ways. It takes something from the brain, and shoots it out the eyes.

    Usually, this is an immediate recollection of the previous instant, so you have continuity of consciousness. But if a person hallucinates a monster, the eyes emit a corresponding blob of light. It's not the eye that sees. The brain sees.

    I would definitely say I live on prana as a self-correcting moment-to-moment guide, because it is the same thing I know for a fact causes superior states of being that lead to clairvoyance. Because of that, it's difficult to understand the purpose of removing the food component.

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (12th September 2026), bojancan (12th September 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Harmony (12th September 2026), petra (12th September 2026), Raskolnikov (12th September 2026)

  23. Link to Post #292
    Netherlands Avalon Member joamarks's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2011
    Location
    netherlands
    Age
    56
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 373 times in 115 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    if eyes could emit light, we wouldn't need a flashlight in the dark.

    still, everyone knows the eyes radiate 'something'.
    anyone can 'see' when someone takes their last breath, as soon as the spirit is gone, the cells in the body and brain are still alive, but the light in the eyes is gone in a second.

    I think what we 'see' when we talk about energy is concerning our third eye.
    we use it to look blindly (without light) into another (time axis) dimension like an overlay, kind of like a modern augmented reality headset.

    the light we see as spiritual beings has it's own energy source, but not in our material world. (not measured as electrical, magnetic or plasma, anyway)

    i like the idea that the chakra energy is a kind of artificial interlock 'system' between these two dimensions. (our 3D and spiritual 5D)
    material food keeps this system in place like a practical prison to the material time experience.

    when you take away food, the chakra system, it has to 'rewire' its energy directly from this other time dimension. or you die.

    im not sure if it make sense to transfer the idea of energy to a material science Language.

    Light can't bend inside my body, unless the body is a kind of active crystal form.

    I rather think that the sunlight in my eyes flips some kind of 'switch in the brain' so that every cell can autonomously receive the light energy or plasma, however you want to call it, directly through the ether. (or 5D)

    maybe I've found a kind of bypass for my undernourishment problem with this.
    It's like the cells themselves find their own way to feed on the ether.

    Still, after all these years, I haven’t gotten answers to a few questions yet.

    Maybe someone here has an idea about:

    1. How do you keep yourself warm without the fire from the combustion oven in your digestive system?

    2. What role does pollution in the broadest sense (environment, psyche, energy, noise, etc.) play when you live so purely?

    3. How do you keep the demons at bay that immediately find their way when you fast? (Even Jesus couldn’t free himself totally from them during the fasting period in the desert.)

    4 time. it plays a very weird game with us lately. I can hardly handle the 5D way of thinking myself. It's a lonely path.
    How do you share something so alien with others?
    Last edited by joamarks; 3rd October 2026 at 19:05.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joamarks For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (4th October 2026), bojancan (6th October 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Ernie Nemeth (3rd October 2026), Harmony (4th October 2026), petra (3rd October 2026), shaberon (6th October 2026)

  25. Link to Post #293
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th January 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    68
    Posts
    6,141
    Thanks
    27,970
    Thanked 40,787 times in 5,866 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Offered in sincerity:

    1) Remember the levels, like you say, the dimensions. It is a question of scale, in my parlance. Heat, energy, light - these are 3D patterns. If you are serious about prana and breatherianism, then stick to the 5D level, as you say. What is heat on the 5D plane? I'm not sure, as that is not my path, but I would wager it is love.

    2) Stop focusing on the 3D nature of the universe. Remember, you are breathing for nourishment, for sustenance, for identity even. Pollution is a distraction.

    3) You cannot free yourself from your self. Learn to embrace your totality. As is the lesson in the 5D realm, is it not?

    4) I understand the urge to share. The sharing is a personal yearning to understand and to assimilate knowledge. Not really a necessary condition of 5D, since all is known by all.


    I merely suggest what I am inspired to share.
    Namaste
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

    Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (4th October 2026), bojancan (6th October 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Harmony (4th October 2026), petra (3rd October 2026), shaberon (6th October 2026)

  27. Link to Post #294
    United States Avalon Member
    Join Date
    1st April 2016
    Posts
    7,033
    Thanks
    35,986
    Thanked 40,196 times in 6,683 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by joamarks (here)
    the light we see as spiritual beings has it's own energy source, but not in our material world. (not measured as electrical, magnetic or plasma, anyway)

    ...

    im not sure if it make sense to transfer the idea of energy to a material science Language.

    So far we cannot explain the mechanism.

    Most of the old pagan systems were based on two suns, the visible orb, and an intelligence or regent thereof.

    The only attempted explanation I know of is based in the transformation of regular polyhedrons in Spherical Trigonometry, then reducing to a point which spins really fast, which is the contact or gate to this material world.

    But we cannot even say anything about potential energy, really; every portion of space is filled with the birth and death of a particle - antiparticle pair, which usually has no net result and therefor no energy. But for instance the Casimir effect uses a set of parallel plates very close together; and so when the pairs create, if its wavelength is bigger than the gap, then they are excluded; this creates a negative pressure and the plates attract. This has been known since 1937.

    This represents everywhere, constantly.

    There is always a small chance that, rather than a single photon, the energy emitted could be an entire universe. So, if your plates are too close together, a universe might blow up in your face at any moment.

    Or, if I see a light, mentally, and then react, it has thereby sent energy into the material world; not directly as itself, but by way of effect.


    Light and plasma are two completely different things, so they can't be used interchangeably. The idea of Bio-plasma is that it works via piezos and can therefor be affected by sound (such as mantras). In that sense, a mantra could prevent genetic defects.


    Quote 3. How do you keep the demons at bay that immediately find their way when you fast? (Even Jesus couldn’t free himself totally from them during the fasting period in the desert.)

    I would have to ask if that is not a copy of Buddha.

    The difference is -- and this is how Siddartha Gautama became a Buddha -- is that he ate something.

    It is only afterwards that he had, so to speak, a psychic duel with the Four Maras and defeated them. That means that it can be done, and it has been done.

    The next difference is there are thousands of explanatory texts about that, so, a quick answer is impossible, but the reason there is a Buddha is because of eating.

    In that sense, I eat Pollution; I take the Wrong Path; I go Straight to Hell; and it's like what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object -- nothing.

    That's because my prana works completely differently than that of a worldly being. It's far more harmonized not just to the visual sun but to its spiritual regent.

    Comparatively, they have the dead fish eye.

    But, on a serious note, in the sense of -- not scary apparitions, or temptation -- but the upwelling of disturbing emotions and bouts of insanity -- any success I have along these lines is the result of a massive slew of failures. I've paid prices rather than going around being pure or anything like that. I'm so used up they should just recycle me. The sensitivity to prana is how I was born; dealing with trauma is acquired.


    I may have an example that may be more tangible to understand. Usually the rays I feel emanating from my person in a sun-like way do just that -- emanate freely.

    However, if you have a contagious disease, I can feel that from fifteen or twenty feet away. It makes something like a radar signature. My immune system immediately starts indexing its library, and rolls something out to counter whatever you may be carrying. I never get sick.

    In living memory, I've had one typical three-day cold a few years ago, and before that...I can't even really remember anything. I had a bad flu, probably about...twenty-five years ago.

    Of course, I haven't seen a doctor in close to forty.

    That's how I keep myself intact. I don't have time for disease or injury. I handle garbage constantly. I drink from the same cup every day and never wash it, like a security blanket. Yet I just avoided running over a cat by approximately an inch because of sensitivity and reflexive conditioning.

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (6th October 2026), bojancan (6th October 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Harmony (6th October 2026), Jamie (Today), petra (6th October 2026)

  29. Link to Post #295
    UK Avalon Founder Bill Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th February 2010
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    40,145
    Thanks
    298,003
    Thanked 531,059 times in 38,685 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    So far we cannot explain the mechanism.
    A brief footnote here.

    There may not be a 'mechanism' — though of course I completely know what you mean when you wrote that.

    My very strong suspicion is that the human body isn't really a physical object as we tend to assume the meaning of the concept. Or else, we'd not have all the many witnessed and recorded instances of levitation, bilocation, spontaneous healing, psychic surgery, and everything Alexandra David-Neel described in her most wonderful book Magic and Mystery in Tibet (in the library here, highly recommended) in the fascinating chapter titled Psychic Sports.

    All this may have rather more to do with the power of consciousness to manipulate some kind of 'simulated' (matrix-like or 'holographic') reality... a totally serious comment.


  30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

    bojancan (6th October 2026), Delight (6th October 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Jamie (Today), shaberon (Yesterday), Sue (Ayt) (6th October 2026), ThePythonicCow (6th October 2026), Yoda (6th October 2026)

  31. Link to Post #296
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Language
    English
    Age
    78
    Posts
    31,177
    Thanks
    38,811
    Thanked 156,802 times in 24,009 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    the human body isn't really a physical object
    Perhaps we are not just physical bodies ... perhaps we are that and more, in ways beyond the understanding of our main stream physics, chemistry, biology and medicine.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (6th October 2026), Delight (6th October 2026), DNA (6th October 2026), Jamie (Today), shaberon (Yesterday), Yoda (6th October 2026)

  33. Link to Post #297
    United States Avalon Member
    Join Date
    1st April 2016
    Posts
    7,033
    Thanks
    35,986
    Thanked 40,196 times in 6,683 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Yet I just avoided running over a cat by approximately an inch because of sensitivity and reflexive conditioning.

    I have to use myself as an example here.

    I was doing about forty-five at night when I had to spontaneously execute that maneuver.

    Well, guess what, I get up today to go participate in the world of dysfunctional human beings and...I discover someone hit our goat right here in the g-d d*mned driveway.

    That's apparently by driving at her and blaming her for not moving out of the way in time, from a seated position, exactly like she does every day in the sun.

    It appears she tried to protect herself by headbutting the car, and broke a horn. But it's a pretty serious break, down to the nub. The goat's horn is basically connected to her sinus, meaning that although she's not terribly shaken by the injury, we have to keep treating it or it could send infection straight into her brain.

    Unfortunately, I lack that kind of pranic control that would enable you to cause healing on another, or prevent infection. I've never seen it done, but, I remain open-minded to the possibility because it seems parallel to what I have experienced.

    Fortunately, her eyeball is still there and her face and head are not mutilated...that's a serious defense mechanism...you try getting hit in the head by a car and then go walk around like nothing happened.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (Yesterday), DNA (Yesterday), Johnnycomelately (Yesterday), ThePythonicCow (Today)

  35. Link to Post #298
    United States Avalon Member
    Join Date
    1st April 2016
    Posts
    7,033
    Thanks
    35,986
    Thanked 40,196 times in 6,683 posts

    Default Re: Breatharianism, and living on Prana: a how-to guide

    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    So far we cannot explain the mechanism.
    A brief footnote here.

    There may not be a 'mechanism' — though of course I completely know what you mean when you wrote that.

    My very strong suspicion is that the human body isn't really a physical object as we tend to assume the meaning of the concept.

    I don't think I've heard it put that way before.

    I might try to contend that other bodies are objects, but the one you inhabit is...well, it's definitely in a class of its own.

    In one sense it is a thirty-seven mile antenna.

    So it is hugely an electro-magnetic dynamo, and, quite possibly a coherent plasma structure -- which I at least would still call physical, even though not of the "three states of matter". And this leads to the conclusion that consciousness is a form of matter. It can't possibly be an "object" in any conventional sense, yet, like magnetism is inseparable from the polarized molecules that create it, a relation or interface with crude matter is still physical. If consciousness was, for example, a trapped photon, I would call it physical.

    From the subjective side, I would say the body does not even exist, it is unreal, because it is a temporary phenomenon, and I must be saying that from the perspective of something that is not temporary. That's sort of a metaphysical axiom, which takes us to another arena altogether.

    If I were to say the apparent phenomenon of the body, is consciousness interacting with prana, that is pretty close to what I personally experience, in the sense that not getting sick and a few other things are an act of willpower. But I have zero capacity for the perhaps more interesting things that work their way into books.

    The idea of plasma health is identical -- you would never get sick.

    So, for me, at least, that is the one thing I have ever heard of that actually matches what I personally do since birth.

    It's just the next physical veil, and tells us nothing as to either a more refined state of matter, or, any linking mechanism to a non-physical mental existence, which would be the only possible permanent and therefor real kind.


    I would perhaps steal the suggestion, and say "body-as-object" is the flaw of allopathic Rockefeller medicine, to treat you like a chemical soup hooked up to a DC generator, to be worked on by molecules and mechanical means. Obviously I've been denouncing that for a while. And I'm ready to fight a million wumpuses if they come out. That's after doing a lot more and dirtier work than those around me, and eating almost nothing.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

    Bill Ryan (Yesterday), DNA (Yesterday), Hym (Yesterday), Johnnycomelately (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 5 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts