Posted by Carmody
(here)
Posted by eaglespirit
(here)
Hi Donk...Wishing You and Yours Well,
Nora is speaking from Her Heart and genuine personal experience and is trying to help the situation with sincerity and valor.
It is so fortunate that we have the Village and Avalon for this very reason...where We can get to the core of matters without overly concern about being very personal out in the open for many of Us have been through the treadmill of life, so to speak, and telling it like it is in these situations. I honor You for being grateful to Nora. This issue with V is paramount in many lives and seeking the proper professional and experienced first hand help will take You and Her on a whole new wonderful path, imho. A number of us that visit the village have been there, done that...so please keep sharing....all of us are here to help any way we can. These overall changes ensuing need us to change along with them to be able to embrace what we really are and are really capable of, I wish You and V the Best in this serious matter...try to really do what You can to put Nora's suggestions to work, it will be a very good thing.
A good friend of mine taught me that you need to fix it between family and friends. Whatever the given situation or issue may be. If that is not done, in that way, then there are low odds that the best psych in the world will be of any real (base affected levels) help.
I keep thinking that this given psych trade began when cities reached that point of indeterminacy, of about 10,000 people, where a population is big enough that real strangers begin to emerge. Then people begin to be divided by their fears of the unknown. Which is the population density point (somewhere near 10,000) where 'that which manipulates'..steps into that gap, created by bodily reactions, and begins the wholesale process of division, isolation, and manipulation. And now the society and culture that we have today.
Donk, I have a friend who sees dead people. Besides my own little bits and fits of travels and interpolations/integrations. And with the psych trade having arisen the way it has, from the section of the population that it has arisen from, I'm sure you see the problem rather clearly.
This friend is on meds, specifically...SSRI's..and she just quit cold turkey. Which I advised her not to do. Falling off a physical cliff in a chemical imbalance fashion, is simply not the thing to do. It is difficult to find balance in chemical free fall. to ease her way out. She said that she simply did not want to ever re-fill her prescription again. Period. She says she can handle it, but I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone balance themselves out of an SSRI situation by going cold turkey, without some sort of major issue arising. The gradual method of weaning off seems to be the better way to go, from observing that happen in multiple cases.